Friday, September 12, 2008

Error... Error... Error...

As you guys can guess from the title, life hates me right now. Well, maybe just my laptop.

My MS Office died on me yesterday, rendering all my documents (homeworks, handouts and my stories-- Including half of the Dead Princess Duet Prologue...) unopenable. It had an error every time I opened it that said it wasn't installed (!?). Turns out that the copy of MS Office that came with my laptop was a trial version that only lasts 60 days (actually, I cracked it, but I guess MS Auto Update found it...) so I convinced my parents to buy the original CD. It cost P4999. So I was like "Yay. I can do my homeworks now."

Guess what. It still didn't work. Same error. Big surprise, seeing that I'm getting lots of errors lately. I got this one error wen I tried to install Spore, which made my laptop hang for a hell of a long time, I had a BLANK error in RO that, as the word "blank" implies, did not have an error message, so I have no idea how to fix it, and I'm also having errors with my antivirus.

Ugh. Sucks to be me right now.

EDIT: Finally got it fixed, but I had to use acer eRecovery, which brings my laptop back to factory settings and deletes everything on the C drive.

Oh well. That's life. At least I can continue working on Dead Princess Duet.

No comments: