Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dead Princess Duet Teaser

Okay, besides SoG, I'm also thinking of working on another story. With this one, I actually know what I'm going to do with the characters, and I already have seven chapters planned (including the prologue and epilogue). So, since im going to end up stuck with SoG sooner or later, I've already begun brainstorming for Dead Princess Duet (title still tentative). It's going to be a fantasy/horror/romance story centered on the paladin Alioth Ras'Elased.


I watched as my spell began to illuminate the area around me and my companions, bringing to light a relatively small area of the cathedral. We looked around and saw the broken pews, their wood splintered as if an entire army had marched through the place, and far into the darkness, we saw runes on the walls, runes glowing a dreadful reddish-black, the remnants of the desecration ritual that had made this place reek of evil. On the far end of the cathedral, was a wall made completely of stained glass, which, along with the numerous stained glass windows that dotted the walls to the sides were the only other source of illumination we could see besides my spell. The colorful streams of the light passing through those glass panels copied the intricate designs on the windows onto the stone floor below us, giving the place an eerie, but undeniable beauty.

As the spell's area of effect increased in size, a figure came into view. It was shrouded in a fine mist, making it hard to determine what, or who, it was, but then it began to materialize, shifting from a hazy outline, to a more solid figure, then to the form of a young human woman.

I recognized her in an instant, and tears began to form in my eyes.

I recognized her face, that pale, delicate face, and I recognized her hair, that beautiful dirty blonde hair that flowed in ripples down to her shoulders. My heart almost jumped for joy at seeing her but her eyes, they were different. They lacked the emotion and depth I saw the last time that looked into them, on that day so many months ago. 



Of course I remembered. How could I forget?

How could I forget her smile, her face?

How could I forget the sound of  her voice and her laughter, ringing in my head everyday since the last time we exchanged words?

How could I forget her, the woman I loved, if I had been dreaming about her every night, and even in the waking hours of day, ever since the day she was murdered in front of my very eyes?



Yay. I really like this one, but I'll finish SoG Chapter 1 before I actually begin with the actual story. This is just the teaser, so expect a few changes here and there when I post the actual thing, for example, the actual story probably won't even be in first person, since I have a hard time writing in first person.

No comments: