Monday, October 20, 2008

It's About Time... (To be Edited)

It's about time I posted something besides personality test results. Aanyway, we had our batch retreat last Friday to Sunday and I really enjoyed it. Come on, who wouldn't enjoy spending a weekend with friends? And even though I'm not very religious anymore, I still listened during the talks, since they also contained pretty good advice for life in general.

Here's the day-by-day summary:

Day 1 (Friday):
First day and I was really excited. I arrived at Pisay at around 11:00 when there weren't many people yet and just hung out with TJ and company. By 11:45 there were already a lot of people in the front lobby and all we had to do left was wait until we could board the bus. From here on I lost track of the time for some reason.

Potassium spent the long bus ride with Sodium. On the way, we watched Zohan, and honestly, some of the jokes were really funny but it was basically stereotipical american humor-- meaning most of it was just plain stupid. Anyway, I saw that there was quite a bit of racism in the movie, which, might I add, I hate. After Zohan ended, we watched Mama Mia. I was distracted by a headache and wasn't able to pay much attention to the movie, so I just spent the time practicing psionics with James, who was sitting next to me. We figured out that day that it is possible to get rid of headaches with psionics, and possibly transfer them to someone else. Don't worry: we found that out by accident. Hehehe.

Anyway, we got to Angel's Hills in Tagaytay at around 4:00 and we went straight to the meeting room place for the orientation. After that we were given our room keys and so we spent quite a bit of the afternoon in our rooms fixing our stuff. After a while, we went back to the meeting room place to listen to a talk by father Mon. He taught us an Italian song that apparently got stuck in everyone's head since a lot of people are still singing...

So after that we ate dinner, we played "Human Bingo" with the entire batch. It had some really hard boxes since for several of them, only two people applied. Some of the herder ones were "Someone you would spend your life with," "I love you," and "will you be my prom date?" because they are all basically THE SAME and we weren't allowed to make someone sign more than once. And since I actually took it seriously, I had a really hard time, since I'm really not the kind of guy who opens up to many people.

After Human Bingo, we played a giant board game with human pieces. Yay. It was the usual get-to-the-end-first type board games, but the challenges at each square were fun. Some challenges were "Dance-off against random teacher," "Reenact Surpanakha scene," and "Slowdance with random teacher."

"Lights out" was supposedly at 10:00 but people were still out and about hanging out with friends and enjoying the cold, fresh air of Tagaytay at 12:00. Me and my friends were some of those people. I ended up sleeping at 1:00 since Me, James, Kiefer and King still stayed up talking in the room. And then James and Kiefer just kept playing Rock, Paper, Scissors until wegot bored and decided to sleep.


I will edit this post later on with info on the following days.

No comments: