Sunday, September 7, 2008

(In)Humanities Week

So, InHumanities week is over and its back to doing homeworks 24/7. *Sigh*

Anyway, since just about everyone made a post for InHumanities week, I'm thinking that I should, too.

Day 1: To tell the truth, this day just made it seem that this year's InHumanities week would be the worst one we have experienced so far. We spent half the day in the oval, in the blazing sun, and the worst part is, we weren't even allowed to go buy ourselves a drink... Or even stay in the shade... Which was only, what? 5 FEET AWAY?! Before the initial opening ceremony was even halfway through, most of the school was already cursing and swearing to themselves, saying stuff like "God, this sucks," or, in the case of some of the others there, "BULL$#!+, BULL$#!+, BULL$#!+!" I do not deny being one of those that said these...

That was just the first half of the day, though. The other half was fine, I was late for tree planting (too late to actually be able to help with anything i might add) so my afternoon was basically very carefree, with me and Cyril Audiosurfing "Lion" from Macross Frontier in two player mode until his laptop died... Fun.

Then we had Dikum practice...

Day 2: This day was spent (thankfully!) indoors. In the morning, we had our ACLEs and the KKKwiz in the afternoon, so all I did was sit down the whole day. :D

Anyway, me, Justine and Oona attended sign language for the ACLE (because for some stupid reason, (I think it's to keep us from getting the ACLE we want) only three people per class are allowed to go to the same ACLE...) and i found it pretty fun. We were in an aircon-ed room and we learned a new language, which I always find either fun or hard. That was fun.

The afternoon was spent sitting (and fighting to keep awake) in the Gym durig the KKKwiz. It's not that the competition was really boring, but it was raining really hard, and a very cold wind made its way to the Gym, so it made most of us REALLY feel like sleeping. Too bad I was in the front row... :D

Then we had Dikum practice...

Day 3: Today was the day the entire school was practicing for. The day when all the batches would present their, ummm... presentations. The first years did their Kilos-Awit, whic we weren't able to watch because of Dikum practice. The second years did the Katutubong sayaw, which we also weren't able to watch because of practice. Then, after lunch, it was our batch's turn.

We were the fifth class to present, and the four that came before us were really really really good (Cesium even won) and our performance was... well... let's just say it wasn't pretty from where I was sitting. Luckily Rubidium went right after us and they were really good as well, so I think (and hope) that most of the batch forgot about all our blunders and slips. Hopefully. I didn't watch the fourth year presentations... Too lazy and tired...

Day 4: We had the third and fourth year speech competitions today, and I was our class' representative. I'm not really a nervous person when it comes to performances, so I really didn't feel any nervousness... until it was my turn. You know how a dam works, right? It keeps most of the the water on one side, then when it breaks, all the water rushes out. My experience was like that, except change the water mentioned above with nervousness.

I didn't win top three (no surprise there) but a lot of my friends and classmates said I did really good, it's just that everyone else was better. Oh well, that's life. You can't get everything.

After the third year elocution contest was the fourth year prepared speech contest. It's basically the same thing but everyone writes teir own speeches instead of reciting a given speech. The topic was "What did pisay do for you?" or something along the lines of that. Kuya DR's was basically all about how Pisay gave him a love for the unknown, and about his and his friend's "experiments" and misadventures throughout their stay in Pisay. It was fun, alathough he only got second place. Maybe it's because he used the word "ass" too much...

Day 5: Today was spent almost completely in the Gym. In the morning was the mass, which the non-catholic and the non-religious, me included, were allowed to skip. I spent the whole time with James, Cyril, and the fourth years, Kuya Gero, Kuya DR, Ate Prissy, Ate Yana and company. While everyone was in the Gym having mass, we spent our time playing Guilty Gear and watching There She Is!!! on Kuya Gian's laptop. Click the link. It's really cute. :D It's about a forbidden love between a cat and a rabbit/bunny or whatever you want to call it.

After the mass was over, we all entered the Gym and went to our seats for the Honors Convocation thingy. We still have the most DLers. Yay. Wasn't realy payng attention much, given that we were at the back portion of the huge Gym and it was mostly just saying the names of the DLers anyway. So after that, we finished and went to lunch until 2:00, when we went back to the Gym for the Talent for a Cause. The show was fun, with the five highest voted student talents and the highest voted subject units (Physics, English and Math) showcasing their talents for everyone to see.


The Teachers were really fun to watch, especially the Math unit, which I'm sure everyone was waiting to see since last year's performance. Sir Mardan was just AWESOME. I also liked the Sir Argh's intro for their presentation. "For every one of the over 4,000 votes you gave us, there wll be one minute of reading time of MOBY DICK! You can call me Ishmael..." or something like that. Fun.

Family day: The usual family day stuff. Get to school too late for registration, don't pay attention to the games and just joke around with the Carusos (If you don't know who they are, then you're normal, don't ask), jump in once "It's Cramming Time!" begins, then after, go back and joke around again, then, when it plays, dance the YMCA using SIGN LANGUAGE!!! Told you we're wierd. :D

After the games and stuff, we went to the batch lunch. We had Kenny Roger's, and since we ate in the ASTB Exhibit hall, there were no tables, so I ate on the floor with some friends, namely TJ, Johnjohn, Trixy, Justine et al. and moving back and forth every once in a while to the Carusos.

Then was the moment every student dreads--report card giving. I only failed one subject, which I never expected, knowing that I only got 50% for long tests 1 and 2 in Chem. Probably made up in some other part of the grade. Oh well. My grades are still disappointing. I'd better work harder this quarter...

*yawn* It's already 12:00... I guess you can see where in this post I started to get sleepy... It's back to work tomorrow... Zzzz...

No comments: